It’s no secret that a Bendooley Estate wedding in autumn is my happy place. In May I spent a wonderful autumn day with Caitlin, Rob + their families and friends, and their Bendooley Estate wedding. Here are some reasons why this day was perfect.
A perfect Bendooley Estate wedding
1. The temperature. Autumn in the Highlands is perfection: not too hot nor cold. Shirt weather in the daytime, and cool enough at night to put on something warm and sit by the fire. This was the case at this Bendooley Estate wedding.
2. That damn fireplace. Normally when the guests start eating, I finally get a chance to stop and sit down for half an hour or so. I get a glass of red and head straight to the fire.
3. Rob + the boys got ready at my house! Like, literally. Michelle and I own a set of cottages in Bowral called Birchgrove; we reckon they’re a wonderful place to get ready on the day of your wedding. This was actually the first time I’d photographed a bridal party getting ready at Birchgrove, which was pretty cool.
4. Caitlin + Rob. Two very chilled people who I thoroughly enjoyed hanging out with. If there was any stress at all, I really couldn’t tell. I felt welcomed amongst their family and friends.
5. The Cadillac. What an awesome car. You can scroll down for photos, but to give you an idea, the boys rocked up in what is basically my dream vehicle. I’m not sure how practical it would be for a wedding photographer to get around in a convertible Caddy, but hey, one can dream.
6. The food. I cannot tell you how wonderful it is to come inside in the evening from the crisp autumn air and feast upon the incredible things that the kitchen manages to create at every Bendooley Estate wedding that I attend. My personal favourite: the arancini balls.
A few extra things
Caitlin + Rob, thanks for having me along to your Bendooley Estate wedding. I really enjoyed spending the day with you guys.
If you’re planning a Bendooley Estate wedding and looking for a photographer, I’d love to hear from you!
You can also also check out another other Bendooley wedding
on my site by clicking here
If you’d like to head back to my Southern Highlands wedding photographer homepage, you can click here. To read a little more about me, head on over to my ‘about’ page here. Or to go straight to my blog and see more of my Bowral wedding photography, click here.
venue | Bendooley Estate
Celebrant | Colin Hamer
boy’s prep | Birchgrove Cottages
makeup | Bella Kreations (Korryn Peterson)
hair | Redlocks Hair Design (Sarah Dumensy)
dress | Karen Willis Holmes
Florist | Lib’s Little Studio
Stylist + favours | Cakes by Ally Small
Cake | All Things Sweet by Carissa
Mc + dj | XYDJ
Photobooth | The photo corner
Stationary | The Distillery
Suits | Today’s Man